The generation has changed; the Internet has taken over all parts of the world and people are more active on social media than in real life. Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, with over 700 million active members worldwide. Being such a huge platform, there is no scarcity of amusing Instagram facts all over the world.
Instagram has become a go-to spot for everyday artistic marvels and also helps users to stay up to date on the current trends in the preferred feed. This motivating and creative medium lets users share their finest memories with the world as images and videos. In this blog, we’ll look at the 20 interesting Instagram facts that you probably would not have heard.
Some of the interesting Instagram facts are:
- Pizza is the most Instagrammed food globally, followed by Sushi.
- The percentage of female (51.4%) users is more than male users.
- The first-ever photo was posted by Kevin Systrom (@kevin).
- The network was acquired by Facebook on 9 April 2012, for $1 billion.
- The ‘Stories’ and ‘TV stories’ features on Instagram are viral covering a Hundred million Instagram users daily.
- A photo of an egg by Chris Godfrey (@world_record_egg) is the most liked photo on Instagram.
- #love is the most used hashtag on Instagram.
- The most used Instagram filters in the world are Juno, Gingham, and Clarendon.
- Instagram is mostly used by the people of the United States, which has remained one of the constant Instagram facts over the years.
- More than 1000 contact information details of high-profile stars and celebrities were leaked on the dark web because of a bug in the Instagram security system in August 2017.
- According to a survey, around 8% of Instagram accounts are fake.
- On Instagram, the typical user follows 359 profiles and has 648 followers.
- Approximately 80% of all Instagram profiles are personal.
- Every second, around 995 photographs are uploaded to Instagram.
- Instagram was originally known as Codename, but before its launch, the name was changed to Instagram.
- Instagram influencers with fewer than 10,000 followers may earn an average of $88.00 for every post.
- Between 2016 and 2020, Instagram gained a whopping 26.9 million new users.
- Instagram has over a billion active monthly users.
- Every day, almost 500 million people utilize the Stories feature.
So far, Instagram has grown rapidly and worked its way to become the 2nd most used social media platform in the world. It is a wonderful platform considering how today’s world works and yet some people from parts of the world are unaware of it. Instagram keeps developing day by day with innovative features and technology for its active users, influencers, enterprises, and brands. It is just the beginning and with time, we will see many more Instagram facts and current records being broken.