5G is the latest generation of telecom networks that promises to deliver lightning-fast speeds with negligible latencies. The technology is rolling out slowly across the world, with a soft launch expected in India in the latter part of the year. As such, more and more phones are coming out that are 5G-enabled. Here are a few anticipated Upcoming 5G Smartphones that will soon land in the market:
1. Apple iPhone SE 3
- Camera: 12MP (main rear) and a 7MP (front camera)
- Processor: Apple A15 processor
- Connectivity: 5G connectivity enabled
- Display: 4.7-inch display with IPS LCD panel and True Tone technology
- Battery Capacity: Similar to other iPhone models
- Additional anticipated features: A15 Bionic chip; Touch ID system;
This upcoming 5G smartphone is the most anticipated version of the Apple. Apple’s iPhone SE 3 is the latest 5G smartphone that has been rumored to release around late March 2022. Moreover, this upcoming 5G smartphone is being considered as the best and most budget-friendly 5G smartphone that can be availed at a cheaper price. It is speculated to be priced at around $399. Other features include an enhanced processor and boosted camera qualities along with water and dust resistance.
2. Google Pixel 6a
- Camera: Dual Camera (12.2 MP Sony IMX363 sensor and 12MP IMX386; 8MP IMX355 front camera)
- Processor: in-house Google Tensor chip
- Connectivity: GSM, CDMA, HSPA, EVDO, LTE, 5G connectivity enabled
- Display: 6.2-inch OLED screen
- Battery Capacity: Smaller battery
- Additional anticipated features: In-screen fingerprint scanner; 128GB of storage; and 6GB or 8GB of RAM; Running Android 12 out of the box; Glass back
This list of upcoming 5G smartphones is incomplete without the inclusion of Google’s updated models. Google’s upcoming 5G smartphone will include the brand new update of its Pixel flagship. Pixel 6a will reportedly release around late August 2022 as August seems likely for the launch of Google’s A series. Moreover, Pixel 6a will likely stay in the $449 ballpark, depending on the chip Google uses.
3. OnePlus Nord CE 2
- Camera: 16 Mega Pixel Front camera
- Processor: octa-core
- Connectivity: Display: Flat AMOLED panel with a punch-hole cutout
- Display: 6.40-inch
- Battery Capacity: 4,500mAh battery with 65W fast charging support
- Additional anticipated features: MediaTek Dimensity 900 chipset paired with up to 256GB of internal storage and 12GB of RAM
The OnePlus flagship has created a stir among smartphone lovers with its updated models and add-on features. OnePlus’s upcoming 5G smartphone is the OnePlus Nord CE 2 will likely debut in the first quarter of 2022. Similarly, OnePlus will also launch the flagship OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone in China in January 2022.
4. Samsung Galaxy S22
- Camera: Five rear lenses (50MP main camera, plus 12MP ultra-wide and telephoto lenses)
- Processor: Exynos 2200 or Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor
- Connectivity: 5G connectivity enabled
- Display: 6.06-inch screen (down from 6.2 inches on the S21)
- Battery Capacity: 3800mAh battery
- Additional anticipated features: Improved display quality; Better stereo speakers; Better and newer software; and Android 15-based One UI 7 update.
Samsung’s upcoming 5G smartphone will include its Galaxy flagship. The company launches a new Galaxy S series mobile every year without fail, which is why the Galaxy S22 is expected to launch in early 2022. The upcoming S22 will, however, cost $50 more than the S21 equivalents.
5. Sony Xperia 1 IV Pro 5G
- Camera: Triple back cameras (24 MP + 8 MP + 8 MP); Front Camera (16 MP)
- Processor: Snapdragon 888 5G
- Connectivity: 5G Connectivity Enabled
- Display: 6.7” Inches touchscreen, super AMOLED
- Battery Capacity: Li-Polymer battery of 5680 mAh (33W Quick Charger for Fast battery charging)
- Additional anticipated features: Display outputs 1024 shades for the three primary colors; Corning Gorilla Glass 7; 6GB or 8 GB RAM and 128 GB or 256 GB ROM
Sony’s flagship Xperia 1 has sparked every smartphone lover’s curiosity. The latest Xperia handset is all set to release in late 2022. It is rumored that Sony might use a sensor (made by itself) for the front-facing camera in its upcoming 5G smartphone. It is also expected that the company will stick with self-made sensors for its rear camera. Although Sony has a history of launching posh and expensive models to the market, the Xperia 1 IV Pro could have a similar price tag as the Xperia 1 III—$1,299.99 / £1,199 (around AU$2,200).
The aforementioned upcoming 5G smartphones can be anticipated with enhanced features for better performance and usage. Although the official dates have not been announced yet, these smartphones are expected to land in the market in the early as well as late of 2022.
Also read: Top Bluetooth Audio Receivers for Home